Travel & Visitor Insurance
Travel Insuranceclick here to expand
CWF Group offers travel insurance for Canadians and non-Canadians traveling abroad. Leaving town? Don’t forget your travel insurance! Have a safe and insured journey, knowing you’re protected from the unexpected surprises your exciting voyage has to offer. Whether you’re traveling once, or once per week, we can customize a plan that includes just the coverage you need. Free consultations are available.
Tips and Advice:
- Always check your provincial health care coverage to see if it has travel benefits (you can use our provincial plan summaries, available to the left).
- If you are planning multiple trips within one year then you should consider annual, multi-trip travel benefits. You can use it as many times as you want within the year, and will save a considerable amount of money by purchasing this type of insurance.
- Oftentimes travel benefits are bundled in with your vacation deal. Before purchasing this insurance shop around and compare plans. You might save considerable money by opting out and getting cheaper travel insurance!
- If you are not flying then make sure that you are not purchasing other add-ons such as baggage loss and trip cancellation.
- If you are going on vacation with your family then check out family plans, which are usually cheaper than getting one plan per person that is travelling.
- Consider what you are getting as far as amounts of coverage. Sometimes cheap travel insurance offers less coverage than other plans.
- Call us for a free, no obligation consultation with one of our advisors!
“Snowbirds” – seniors aged 55+ who travel outside Canada for 31+ consecutive nights.
Visitor Insuranceclick here to expand
CWF Group offers many travel plans for visitors to Canada.
Make sure you have travel health insurance while visiting, and avoid any unexpected medical bills! Free consultations are available.
You qualify for visitors’ insurance if:
- you are neither insured nor eligible for benefits under a Canadian provincial government health care plan.
- you are currently in good health*.
- and you have not been in Canada for more than two years.
* If you have a pre-existing condition you can get visitor coverage, however, most plans will not cover the pre-existing condition nor anything that results from that condition. Note that some insurers will cover an existing condition if it has been stabilized for at least 6 months prior to the departure date.
Canada visitors insurance is ideal for:
- foreign students studying in Canada.
- landed immigrants working in Canada.
- foreign workers in Canada.
- Canadian expatriates that are returning to Canada.
- and anyone else who is just visiting.
NEW Parent and Grandparent Super Visa Insuranceclick here to expand
- For faster family reunification, Citizenship and Immigration Canada has introduced Super Visas for parents and grandparetns of Canadian citizens or permanent residents in Canada. Previously, wait times for parental sponsorship applications took up to eight years to process. With the new Super Visa, parents and grandparents can be reunited with their families within 8 weeks.
What is a Parent and Grandparent Super Visa?
The Parent and Grandparent Super Visa is a multiple-entry visa for a parent or grandparent of a Canadian citizen or a permanent resident of Canada. It is valid for up to 10 years. Family members can stay up to 24 months at a time. One of the requirements for a Super Visa for Canada is medical insurance coverage. Applicants for the Super Visa must provide evidence that they have Canadian medical insurance coverage for at least one year for a minimum of $100,000 coverage.
Please click below logos to get a “no obligation” quote now.
CWF Group lends clarity to these questions and so many more. To find out more click here to speak with one of our specialist.
For Manulife Policyholders
Immediate access to the Assistance Centre is available through Active Care Management’s (ACM) TravelAid mobile app.
To download the app, policyholders can visit: http://Active-Care.ca/TravelAid.